Controls not having any effect?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've just set up KeexyBox on a Raspberry Pi 3 by downloading and deploying the image.  It's clearly functioning, but none of the profiles / controls I have in place seem to be having any effect.

Set-up is a hybrid one:
My router is on the 192.168.1 subnet, along with some trusted devices (with assigned IPs), while unknown devices are on the 192.168.2 subnet.  Keexybox is acting as a DHCP server.

I have two profiles.  "Parents", which is default and basically has no restrictions; then "Kids" which currently has a time restriction and a block on youtube.com.

I've searched for devices, found the kids' ones and added them to the "Kids" profiles.

I've also disabled the captive portal.

Everything can connect to the internet just fine.  The devices all end up with their designated IP addresses where specified, and on the 192.168.2 subnet otherwise.  All are pointing to KeexyBox for DNS and the ones on the 192.168.2 subnet also use it as their gateway.

*Nothing* is getting blocked.  I can take the kids' devices onto youtube, even out of hours.

What am I doing wrong?
I've just set up KeexyBox on a Raspberry Pi 3 by downloading and deploying the image.  It's clearly functioning, but none of the profiles / controls I have in place seem to be having any effect.

Set-up is a hybrid one:
My router is on the 192.168.1 subnet, along with some trusted devices (with assigned IPs), while unknown devices are on the 192.168.2 subnet.  Keexybox is acting as a DHCP server.

I have two profiles.  "Parents", which is default and basically has no restrictions; then "Kids" which currently has a time restriction and a block on youtube.com.

I've searched for devices, found the kids' ones and added them to the "Kids" profiles.

I've also disabled the captive portal.

Everything can connect to the internet just fine.  The devices all end up with their designated IP addresses where specified, and on the 192.168.2 subnet otherwise.  All are pointing to KeexyBox for DNS and the ones on the 192.168.2 subnet also use it as their gateway.

*Nothing* is getting blocked.  I can take the kids' devices onto youtube, even out of hours.

What am I doing wrong?