*RESOLVED* Issues caused by booting from USB vs SD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug 
Hello,
     I am mostly through setup of my Raspberry Pi1 B+. In fact everything should be working. However, I am unable to connect to the internet. I get to the capture portal and after i login, there's no internet. I have added both users and my devices. When I try to check connection info, even though the connections are displayed, I get another error asking if the device is on the network, which it is...
     Another issue I have noticed, is when I try to turn off the portal, I get an error that says, "Service rules reload failed." The portal never is disabled.
     In an attempt to diagnose the issues, I checked journalctl, and I'm seeing the following errors:

Feb 06 05:46:34 keexybox systemd-udevd[126]: could not open moddep file '/lib/modules/5.10.92+/modules.dep.bin'
Feb 06 05:46:34 keexybox systemd-udevd[126]: could not open moddep file '/lib/modules/5.10.92+/modules.dep.bin'
-These first two issues came from me booting setting up my Rpi to boot from USB and the two /boot partitions were not identical.
*****************************************************************************************
Feb 06 05:46:58 keexybox ntpd[558]: restrict: ignoring line 16, mask '::' unusable.
-Issue caused by lack of network access
******************************************************************************************
Feb 06 05:47:44 keexybox dhcpd[740]: Multiple interfaces match the same shared network: eth0 eth0:0
-Cause not fully understood... or whether this is/was even an issue. Seems like an artifact from KeexyBox's design. Seems to have been resolved.
******************************************************************************************
Feb 06 05:48:15 keexybox systemd[1]: Timed out waiting for device /dev/serial1.
-No idea... error still present. Doesn't appear to affect anything.
*******************************************************************************************
Feb 06 09:31:44 keexybox dhcpd[740]: Dynamic and static leases present for 192.168.2.187.
Feb 06 09:31:44 keexybox dhcpd[740]: Remove host declaration Ubik_Envy or remove 192.168.2.187
Feb 06 09:31:44 keexybox dhcpd[740]: from the dynamic address pool for local_net

-Error arose due to overlapping DHCP range and  reserved IP. Use one or the other and issue is fixed.
*******************************************************************************************

At this point, I'm considering wiping the OS and trying again fresh. I've been at this for a little while now... Before I go that far though, I was hoping someone had some thoughts on how to fix this. Anyone?

*Moral of the story: "Keep hacking away at a monster and eventually you'll nick an artery..."
Bug 
Hello,
     I am mostly through setup of my Raspberry Pi1 B+. In fact everything should be working. However, I am unable to connect to the internet. I get to the capture portal and after i login, there's no internet. I have added both users and my devices. When I try to check connection info, even though the connections are displayed, I get another error asking if the device is on the network, which it is...
     Another issue I have noticed, is when I try to turn off the portal, I get an error that says, "Service rules reload failed." The portal never is disabled.
     In an attempt to diagnose the issues, I checked journalctl, and I'm seeing the following errors:

-These first two issues came from me booting setting up my Rpi to boot from USB and the two /boot partitions were not identical.
*****************************************************************************************
Feb 06 05:46:58 keexybox ntpd[558]: restrict: ignoring line 16, mask '::' unusable.
-Issue caused by lack of network access
Feb 06 05:47:44 keexybox dhcpd[740]: Multiple interfaces match the same shared network: eth0 eth0:0
-Cause not fully understood... or whether this is/was even an issue. Seems like an artifact from KeexyBox's design. Seems to have been resolved.
Feb 06 05:48:15 keexybox systemd[1]: Timed out waiting for device /dev/serial1.
-No idea... error still present. Doesn't appear to affect anything.
Feb 06 09:31:44 keexybox dhcpd[740]: Dynamic and static leases present for 192.168.2.187.
Feb 06 09:31:44 keexybox dhcpd[740]: Remove host declaration Ubik_Envy or remove 192.168.2.187
Feb 06 09:31:44 keexybox dhcpd[740]: from the dynamic address pool for local_net

-Error arose due to overlapping DHCP range and  reserved IP. Use one or the other and issue is fixed.

At this point, I'm considering wiping the OS and trying again fresh. I've been at this for a little while now... Before I go that far though, I was hoping someone had some thoughts on how to fix this. Anyone?

*Moral of the story: "Keep hacking away at a monster and eventually you'll nick an artery..."
Information 
Issue resolved!

I am booting from a USB vs. SD and the /boot partitions were not identical. Upon running the following commands, I rebooted and everything seems to be working perfectly.

Commands to resolve above issue:
Code:
sudo umount /boot
sudo mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /boot
sudo apt install --reinstall raspberrypi-bootloader raspberrypi-kernel
sudo reboot

Also, I have reserved that one IP address within the DHCP's address range. releasing the reserved address resolved the error message.
Information 
Issue resolved!

I am booting from a USB vs. SD and the /boot partitions were not identical. Upon running the following commands, I rebooted and everything seems to be working perfectly.

Commands to resolve above issue:
Code:
sudo umount /boot
sudo mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /boot
sudo apt install --reinstall raspberrypi-bootloader raspberrypi-kernel
sudo reboot

Also, I have reserved that one IP address within the DHCP's address range. releasing the reserved address resolved the error message.