Google Fiber Router Recommended Setup

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have tried to set up KeexyBox on my Google Fiber router. I can see that there is no way to disable DHCP on the router. I tried to set up DNS only, but either my devices don't detect a captive portal or they do, but for a short time (like on Android). They can also access internet without any restrictions. Am I setting it up incorrectly? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
I have tried to set up KeexyBox on my Google Fiber router. I can see that there is no way to disable DHCP on the router. I tried to set up DNS only, but either my devices don't detect a captive portal or they do, but for a short time (like on Android). They can also access internet without any restrictions. Am I setting it up incorrectly? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Can you change the DHCP range of your router and make a IP reservation ?

You can try to define a very short range like 192.168.0.1-> 192.168.0.2 on your router and a wide range like 192.168.0.3-> 192.168.0.100 on KeexyBox. In addition, reserve two false MAC addresses on the router's DHCP. This would force the device to use KeexyBox's DHCP.
Can you change the DHCP range of your router and make a IP reservation ?

You can try to define a very short range like 192.168.0.1-> 192.168.0.2 on your router and a wide range like 192.168.0.3-> 192.168.0.100 on KeexyBox. In addition, reserve two false MAC addresses on the router's DHCP. This would force the device to use KeexyBox's DHCP.
For the captive portal issue, this may be related to the mobile device that switches to DoH (DNS over HTTPS) mode which overrides the use of DNS. As explained in this post: https://forum.keexybox.org/Thread-Hard-coded-dns-IPs
For the captive portal issue, this may be related to the mobile device that switches to DoH (DNS over HTTPS) mode which overrides the use of DNS. As explained in this post: https://forum.keexybox.org/Thread-Hard-coded-dns-IPs