Connection schedules not working

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(01-12-2021, 12:47 AM)mrwhite2020 Wrote: Hi Karl,

- (unchecked) Check this box if you want to use KeexyBox as DNS only and do not want to use it as gateway.
It sounds like it's using your existing router as the gateway, not the Keexybox.

Yes, I was trying to use keexyBox in "Use KeexyBox for website filtering only" topology model, only the output network.
I tried again as per your suggestion to configure it like "Mixed use of KeexyBox", so both input and output networks are active with DHCP. devices without browser sit on the output network by using static-ip addresses. And laptop and computers on the input network - these devices some of them can connect to internet and some not, I think this is to do with the "Captive Portal settings". Any documentation on the 3 settings private, registration & free? I was trying to go simple without any registration requirement, so I could bypass adding users. All attempts render few devices unable to make it. I can drop these and follow the mode you are having success with. Could you send or email me more details here? I am willing to setup user accounts for every individual device and setup time-limit on them.

One more point, I am using the default raspbian OS (upgraded to latest) & install keexyBox over it. the documents do mention raspbian-lite. Could this cause some issues, in that case should I try the SD card image? I am using Raspberry pi 4, 4GB board.

Thanks,
-Michael.
(01-12-2021, 12:47 AM)mrwhite2020 Wrote: Hi Karl,

- (unchecked) Check this box if you want to use KeexyBox as DNS only and do not want to use it as gateway.
It sounds like it's using your existing router as the gateway, not the Keexybox.

Yes, I was trying to use keexyBox in "Use KeexyBox for website filtering only" topology model, only the output network.
I tried again as per your suggestion to configure it like "Mixed use of KeexyBox", so both input and output networks are active with DHCP. devices without browser sit on the output network by using static-ip addresses. And laptop and computers on the input network - these devices some of them can connect to internet and some not, I think this is to do with the "Captive Portal settings". Any documentation on the 3 settings private, registration & free? I was trying to go simple without any registration requirement, so I could bypass adding users. All attempts render few devices unable to make it. I can drop these and follow the mode you are having success with. Could you send or email me more details here? I am willing to setup user accounts for every individual device and setup time-limit on them.

One more point, I am using the default raspbian OS (upgraded to latest) & install keexyBox over it. the documents do mention raspbian-lite. Could this cause some issues, in that case should I try the SD card image? I am using Raspberry pi 4, 4GB board.

Thanks,
-Michael.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connection schedules not working - by michaelanburaj - 01-12-2021, 07:14 PM
RE: Connection schedules not working - by paul - 05-28-2021, 12:00 PM
RE: Connection schedules not working - by benoit - 01-14-2021, 12:37 PM