DNS Settings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you for the great project.

According to the documentation, when unchecking "the box Use defined DNS as redirectors" on the Miscellaneous settings, the settings used in DNS 1 & 2 are ignored and DNS queries are not relayed. Further KB documentation says "DNS queries will be directly redirected to the root DNS servers on the Internet."

For clarification, is this essentially the same as "Unbound DNS"?

Also, in the DNS and Gateway settings page, under DNS 1 I have an entry 127.0.0.1 which I believe does in fact indicate Unbound DNS is active.

However, I am confused whether or not this entry is active or ignored due to the unchecked box mentioned above in Miscellaneous settings. Can I please have some clarification on these settings? Thank you
Thank you for the great project.

According to the documentation, when unchecking "the box Use defined DNS as redirectors" on the Miscellaneous settings, the settings used in DNS 1 & 2 are ignored and DNS queries are not relayed. Further KB documentation says "DNS queries will be directly redirected to the root DNS servers on the Internet."

For clarification, is this essentially the same as "Unbound DNS"?

Also, in the DNS and Gateway settings page, under DNS 1 I have an entry 127.0.0.1 which I believe does in fact indicate Unbound DNS is active.

However, I am confused whether or not this entry is active or ignored due to the unchecked box mentioned above in Miscellaneous settings. Can I please have some clarification on these settings? Thank you

Messages In This Thread
DNS Settings - by Komi - 02-26-2021, 05:14 PM
RE: DNS Settings - by paul - 03-01-2021, 11:08 PM
RE: DNS Settings - by Komi - 03-02-2021, 08:14 PM