DNS Settings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you very much for the detailed reply. I now have a good understanding of how KeexyBox is implementing DNS.

I do have one follow up question. When I am redirecting DNS queries to TOR, I have noticed that I occassionally will see what appears to be a DNS leak when checking on browserleaks.com. To be clear, about 10% of the time I run a DNS leak test, I will see my ISP DNS server along with TOR exit nodes. The other 90% of the time I will see only the TOR exit note as expected.

Is there anyway to prevent this? Or is this even a problem from a privacy standpoint as the queries are going to the DNS root servers anyway?

Thanks again

Edit: I checked my router settings and noticed my WAN DNS was not set to Keexybox. I only had LAN DNS set to KB. Once I made that change, I haven't seen my ISP DNS used.

Edit 2: Despite above, I am now seeing DNS leaks again. Any advice would be appreciated. 
[Image: Screenshot-20210304-222414-1.png]
Thank you very much for the detailed reply. I now have a good understanding of how KeexyBox is implementing DNS.

I do have one follow up question. When I am redirecting DNS queries to TOR, I have noticed that I occassionally will see what appears to be a DNS leak when checking on browserleaks.com. To be clear, about 10% of the time I run a DNS leak test, I will see my ISP DNS server along with TOR exit nodes. The other 90% of the time I will see only the TOR exit note as expected.

Is there anyway to prevent this? Or is this even a problem from a privacy standpoint as the queries are going to the DNS root servers anyway?

Thanks again

Edit: I checked my router settings and noticed my WAN DNS was not set to Keexybox. I only had LAN DNS set to KB. Once I made that change, I haven't seen my ISP DNS used.

Edit 2: Despite above, I am now seeing DNS leaks again. Any advice would be appreciated. 
[Image: Screenshot-20210304-222414-1.png]

Messages In This Thread
DNS Settings - by Komi - 02-26-2021, 05:14 PM
RE: DNS Settings - by paul - 03-01-2021, 11:08 PM
RE: DNS Settings - by Komi - 03-02-2021, 08:14 PM