1 PC, several users

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello,
Each of my family have a Windows account on the same PC.
After the Windows session opening, when a member log in to keexy the first time, all of others users are authenticates with the first keexy account.

I think keexy only filter by source IP. It's a huge limitation that make useless users profile for my usage.

Others topics:
I would like to ping my LAN devices by hostname. Is there a way to do that?

Some tips:
you should add some use cases in the wiki:
  • Parents who want to limit kids browsing by duration -> not possible (it's important to say it, I think It's a "must have" for parents)
  • Explain how to allow kids to use only a limited couple of websites (school websites for instance) when his profile "Leisure time" is disabled by the scheduler.
Anothers tips:
  • Add a feature to download a backup all keexy configs (in case of crash).
  • Explain how users can find the Captive Portal with their browser. (It seems that there is no http redirect before the first login).
  • When the user's profile is out of schedule, the message displaying in the browser is not user friendly (waiting time exceeded).
  • Explain that you can't change the profile of any devices, if the device itself (wich you are lagin as admin) has a device profile which don't allow it to brows internet (out of schedule). The message displayed is confusing (Unable to connect ... Please check if the device is on the network.)
Currently Keexybox is more oriented to be a DNS blocker than a Parental control tool.
I think you are not so far to be one. I hope thoses features will be available soon (even as a paid Premium features, but paid oneshot, not by annual subscription).

Could we see somewhere your roadmap?
Hello,
Each of my family have a Windows account on the same PC.
After the Windows session opening, when a member log in to keexy the first time, all of others users are authenticates with the first keexy account.

I think keexy only filter by source IP. It's a huge limitation that make useless users profile for my usage.

Others topics:
I would like to ping my LAN devices by hostname. Is there a way to do that?

Some tips:
you should add some use cases in the wiki:
  • Parents who want to limit kids browsing by duration -> not possible (it's important to say it, I think It's a "must have" for parents)
  • Explain how to allow kids to use only a limited couple of websites (school websites for instance) when his profile "Leisure time" is disabled by the scheduler.
Anothers tips:
  • Add a feature to download a backup all keexy configs (in case of crash).
  • Explain how users can find the Captive Portal with their browser. (It seems that there is no http redirect before the first login).
  • When the user's profile is out of schedule, the message displaying in the browser is not user friendly (waiting time exceeded).
  • Explain that you can't change the profile of any devices, if the device itself (wich you are lagin as admin) has a device profile which don't allow it to brows internet (out of schedule). The message displayed is confusing (Unable to connect ... Please check if the device is on the network.)
Currently Keexybox is more oriented to be a DNS blocker than a Parental control tool.
I think you are not so far to be one. I hope thoses features will be available soon (even as a paid Premium features, but paid oneshot, not by annual subscription).

Could we see somewhere your roadmap?

Messages In This Thread
1 PC, several users - by diozea - 07-11-2021, 03:47 AM
RE: 1 PC, several users - by paul - 07-27-2021, 08:39 AM