DHCP server not starting

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
(05-24-2020, 10:21 PM)bakullama Wrote:
(05-24-2020, 06:27 PM)benoit Wrote: Hi,

Can you check in "system settings -> DHCP" that DHCP ranges match with your networks? By clicking "Save", your configuration will be verified and it will show errors if something is wrong. Also Check if the "Enable DHCP" box is checked (DHCP won't start until it is not checked).

Benoit

Done that, I've attached a screenshot of my config. It just shows a message saying "DHCP settings updated successfully. But DHCP reload failed." I also noticed the blue message, do I need to be using 192.168.1.0/24 instead of 10.0.0.0/24?

I don't have your screenshot Undecided

If the blue message shows you 192.168.1.0/24, the range must be in this network.

Try to start dhcp with CLI to get more details. Connect by SSH as root and run:

/opt/keexybox/keexyapp/src/Shell/scripts/init_dhcpd start

Have you done IP reservations for your devices? Also check if ip reservations for your devices are in one of networks (Connection settings -> devices).

Also, you can provide the content of generated conf files?
/opt/keexybox/dhcpd/etc/dhcpd.conf
/opt/keexybox/dhcpd/etc/dhcpd-reservations.conf (for privacy hide MACs before posting)

It is important to understand KeexyBox's network topologies: https://wiki.keexybox.org/doku.php/network_topologies. DHCP behavior depends on the choosen topology. DHCP may works on both networks (input and output) or just output network.

Also have a look at : https://wiki.keexybox.org/doku.php/system_settings_dhcp

Note that you can reboot the KeexyBox, the KeexyBox starting process do some clean up and reset permissions.
(05-24-2020, 10:21 PM)bakullama Wrote:
(05-24-2020, 06:27 PM)benoit Wrote: Hi,

Can you check in "system settings -> DHCP" that DHCP ranges match with your networks? By clicking "Save", your configuration will be verified and it will show errors if something is wrong. Also Check if the "Enable DHCP" box is checked (DHCP won't start until it is not checked).

Benoit

Done that, I've attached a screenshot of my config. It just shows a message saying "DHCP settings updated successfully. But DHCP reload failed." I also noticed the blue message, do I need to be using 192.168.1.0/24 instead of 10.0.0.0/24?

I don't have your screenshot Undecided

If the blue message shows you 192.168.1.0/24, the range must be in this network.

Try to start dhcp with CLI to get more details. Connect by SSH as root and run:

/opt/keexybox/keexyapp/src/Shell/scripts/init_dhcpd start

Have you done IP reservations for your devices? Also check if ip reservations for your devices are in one of networks (Connection settings -> devices).

Also, you can provide the content of generated conf files?
/opt/keexybox/dhcpd/etc/dhcpd.conf
/opt/keexybox/dhcpd/etc/dhcpd-reservations.conf (for privacy hide MACs before posting)

It is important to understand KeexyBox's network topologies: https://wiki.keexybox.org/doku.php/network_topologies. DHCP behavior depends on the choosen topology. DHCP may works on both networks (input and output) or just output network.

Also have a look at : https://wiki.keexybox.org/doku.php/system_settings_dhcp

Note that you can reboot the KeexyBox, the KeexyBox starting process do some clean up and reset permissions.

Messages In This Thread
DHCP server not starting - by bakullama - 05-24-2020, 03:59 PM
RE: DHCP server not starting - by benoit - 05-24-2020, 06:27 PM
RE: DHCP server not starting - by bakullama - 05-24-2020, 10:21 PM
RE: DHCP server not starting - by paul - 05-25-2020, 05:23 AM
RE: DHCP server not starting - by bakullama - 05-25-2020, 07:46 AM
RE: DHCP server not starting - by paul - 05-25-2020, 08:58 AM
RE: DHCP server not starting - by htryw3 - 05-27-2020, 01:23 AM
RE: DHCP server not starting - by paul - 05-27-2020, 01:34 PM
RE: DHCP server not starting - by benoit - 08-20-2020, 03:47 PM