Suggested topology only support wifi connection?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi

If i use the "Suggested topology",  does it only support wifi connection?  A rasbperry only have 1 rj45 connection so i suppose that device need to be connected as wifi.  Is that right?

Thanks
Hi

If i use the "Suggested topology",  does it only support wifi connection?  A rasbperry only have 1 rj45 connection so i suppose that device need to be connected as wifi.  Is that right?

Thanks
Consider the following things :

- CASE 1: If you use eth0 as input interface and wlan0 (connected to your existing Wifi) as output interface or vice versa, input and output subnets will be physically splitted.
- CASE 2: If you use eth0 as input and output networks, input and output subnets will be in the same physical network.
- CASE 3: If you use Keexybox as Access Point, that mean you must use a new interface called "br0" for input and output networks and it will be the same case as CASE 2.
Consider the following things :

- CASE 1: If you use eth0 as input interface and wlan0 (connected to your existing Wifi) as output interface or vice versa, input and output subnets will be physically splitted.
- CASE 2: If you use eth0 as input and output networks, input and output subnets will be in the same physical network.
- CASE 3: If you use Keexybox as Access Point, that mean you must use a new interface called "br0" for input and output networks and it will be the same case as CASE 2.